Friday, August 30, 2013

Pai

Had some pad Thai as usual and then cultures class and then dance where we learned a finger nail dance and I learned a sword dance. The former involves long fake finger nails and much wrist movement with the latter using real unsharpened swords. It was all very awesome :) then language where we took an auditory quiz. Got two wrong but it wasn't graded. I didn't feel to bad because I knew all the letters and what characters they related to but all the sounds sound remarkably similar. Then a quick packing job and off to pai on the bus. It was a four hour drive but it was beautiful :) about 60% of he driving was on a winding mountain rode. Got some amazing views as I listened to my audio book. It was a nice van and it was just the ten of us so there was a little extra room. Got to pai around 8 and checked into the hostel. Great place with raised rooms over rice paddies :) walked to town and did some walking market where I got pad Thai, corn, spring roll, and soy milk for about $2 :) then walked home without the rest of the group and found all the Europeans still up making quite a racket. Hope I can sleep soon!

1 comment:

  1. Pai sounds beautiful! When I looked on the web, I saw lots of images of waterfalls and natural pools with people swimming in them. Looked so fun! Maybe you'll find some waterfalls? I'm so glad you're exploring the countryside! Love you, Graham! Nice job, btw, on knowing all the Thai letters and characters -- that seems like it would be tough. xo

    ReplyDelete