Sunday, August 25, 2013

Zoo

Today was fun but also hard. Woke up and ate some food and read and then left for the zoo with everyone. When we got to the zoo I remembered why I didn't usually go to the zoo. It's basically jail for the animals. But animals also live longer in zoos and they are protected there. But a long life doesn't mean a happy one. Zoos also can foster love for the environment and help endangered creatures and engage the public with environmental issues. But many zoos fail to live up to this fully and it's just hard to watch at times. But overall I did have a good time. The aquarium was great! I saw cownose rays!!! love it!
Longest walking tunnel in Asia! Very cool. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves :) then headed home to eat food and head to promenada for desert and then back to Payap where I made "my" computer in the study lab run faster and watched soccer. School tomorrow!
 

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you about zoos. Generally depressing. I'm glad you are probably not feeling too cheated that I didn't take you to the zoo much when you were a kid! This one looks pretty good though. I love seeing the Asian design aesthetic in your pics! That one cow nose ray looks like it's smiling! And is that an actual person in the beach ball things on top of the water? xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those beach balls to roll around in look really fun. Have you tried them yet?
    Love the cownose rays too. You know we had a bunch of them right in front of our house at the bay one year... I wonder if they came from Thailand... love you!

    ReplyDelete