Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pretty packed but fun day

Started the day off with toast and then headed to class with our new Econ professor. Great class! So good. I reminded me of back home lol I was taking notes the whole time. It was nice. He was able to compact a large part of an intro to Econ class I to one lecture. Really good stuff. Then dance where we are learning a complicated and fast dance. It's fun. Then rice and veggies and fruit in the park while listening to Redwall. Language was so long! We missed a class on Monday so this class was longer. It was 2.5 hours. Don't have classes that long. It's hard to pay attention lol but we learned a lot. I'm nervous for economics of the sex trade class because they are three hour classes and much harder than language. Ahh! But it'll be fen and I'll enjoy being challenged on a topic of interest. Then back to the dorms where I watched this crazy game on TV being played in Ireland. It's played with a ball smaller than a soccer ball on a field about the same size as a soccer field. Players play with hands and feet and it's semi-contact. There's a keeper and a field goal. If you kick it or throw it through the field goal it counts as one point but if you score on the Kepler it's three points. Really interesting to watch. Never seen it before. Any ideas about what the game is called? Then watched the begening of a Real Madrid game in the champions league. All the games have already happened when they play here usually so I know what's going to happen lol I stayed till the first goal and then headed to dinner. It was Laos night so we had sticky rice and meat stuff. I had pad Thai to complement the fruit and rice. I love sticky rice!! Then back up to finish the game. So many goals! 6-1 was the final score. It's crazy to see the two most expensive players in the world playing with each other. Madrid paid over $180 million just for two players. Crazy. But we all know Messi would cost more than Bale but he's never being sold. No way. Going climbing tomorrow. Should be fun. Maybe a bike too. We'll see :) 

1 comment:

  1. Graham, It's Gaelic Football! Sounds kind of weird but cool.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaelic_football
    I LOVE sticky rice too, btw. Do you ever get it with mango? yummmm!
    I'm so glad your new professor is great and challenging -- I know you like that.
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete