Saturday, September 7, 2013

S.A.T.U.R.D.A.Y.

Weekend! Went climbing at the gym. Real work out. I love when my hands hurt. Met and guy from Italy and one from Scotland. Then back to promenada to watch a movie. I watched rakko or something and it was entertaining but had its flaws. The token female character was sexualized a lot, the men talked about dominating her, and she never went outside of the base on search missions like the men. But she was a lesbian and she definetly stood up for herself and fought back against her mistreatment. Overall I liked the movie because it was easy to sit back and watch the action in a air conditioned Thai theater for half the price of US theaters :) headed home at 8:30 and, after some thoughtful decision making, decided not to go to Crazy Horse tomorrow. Too much money, rocks might be wet from the rain, I'm tired from the gym, and I don't know how to lead climb/belay yet. Once I learn that hopefully I can go with Amy who has all the gear. That should be fun :) 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good Saturday... Interesting to see movies in another culture isn't it? We're thinking about you lots and sending our love.
    betsy and T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and your thoughtful decision-making! You have such a good head on your shoulders, Graham! I know you'll be happy when you learn whatever climbing that is. I will be counting on you continuing to have thoughtful decision-making and taking good care! :) I like your analysis of the movie. Will it cool down there anytime soon? It's cooling off here - windows open, no AC. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete