Tuesday, September 3, 2013

"Environmental" work

Got a tinny orientation for the Mayanmar trip today. Should be very intense but very fun and interesting. We will be the first long term exchange student group to study in the country. Very cool :) I feel very lucky. Then did work in the community for practicum class. I was doing environmental work. It was explained to me in Thai how fertilizer was made and then I  shoveled fertilizer into bags for an hour and a half while listening to the Grapes of Wrath. Good stuff. Pretty relaxing. Kind of environmental work but not what I was expecting which is fine. The other jobs people did were teaching elementary and preschoolers, working in a hospital and teaching adults English. This job seems a lot less stressful then those jobs but less of a cultural experience. So we'll see if I change jobs or not. I probably won't. I like the silence and the manual labor. Then had dinner, did laundry, watched sports on tv and then sleep.  

No comments:

Post a Comment