Thursday, October 3, 2013

Title

Ran and tea and then Myanmar orientation. It was very interesting and informative but a little long. Then a quick lunch of rice and stringy veggies and tofu and then off to the city. Read a lot of my book today. Got a little version of SMCM mascot and took a picture of him and I infront of a temple and posted to the SMCM fb page. Then I'm suppose to send him on to someone else. Cool idea. Then climbing which is always nice. Walked back through Chiang Mai and then rode to promenada and watched Gravity in 3D. Very good movie. Kinda thriller but had a lot of meaningful messages in it as well. And the 3D worked very well for the film. Really brought you into the action more. Then caught the bus and to Payap and had rice and veggies and fake sausage. Then applied for my Vietnam visa. I've got part of my language final tomorrow. Wish me luck! Thailand is different than the US in that public contact between men and women is not very accepted where as male to make contact as friends is very accepted. You can see guys holding hands. The most contact with anyone I've had here is with men and boys who speak little English and who have smiled and put their arm around me like we're old friends. I like it :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment