Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wednesday

Had a great talk with the head of a theological school. Learned a lot about culture and education and human rights, specifically women's rights and gay and lesbian rights. The culture here is not accepting and confuses gay/lesbian with transgendered. Kind of frustrating but it was really cool to hear how the church is educated and accepting and trying to spread acceptance. Then we talked with two politicians. They were both involved with the revolutions and explained to us the many challenges that face Myanmar today. So eye opening. Then we visited a Hindu temple. So many colors and statues! I use to gold and less things going on but this was so cool. I loved it. Made me realize I need to learn more about all of Asian, not just the Far East, which is my focus. Then came back to the hotel and napped and read and ate dinner and now sleep! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment